Sunday, January 31, 2010

Home is Heaven

So I am listening to my newly discovered Pandora Radio (which rocks by the way) and doing my homework when a song by the name of Home came on.

Some of the lyrics are


Home is heaven



One day Lord, I will live



In Your courts, you’ll find me



In worship at Your feet

And of course I instantly thought of Sarah whose beloved husband is home now. And while at first my mind filled with thoughts of sadness for her…it soon began to do what it does altogether to often…it wandered.

I began to think of our real home… Heaven. Then my mind drifted again and I pictured the two of them on a picnic in the woods and they are having a wonderful time. The Sun is shining the air is crisp it is a lovely day. But then the storms clouds start to form. They grab their belongs and make a break for it. Racing each other home and laughing all the while.

Hide me now



In the shadow of Your wings



Where I will be



Where I will be

Sarah, her stride not as long, lags far behind (as girls are oft to do when racing long legged boys) She loses sight of him and suddenly realizes that the storm clouds have caught up with her and it begins to pour. Soaking her to her very core. And to top it off, day is turning to night.

Your love is all I need



So desperately I have sought Your face



I know You hear my every cry



And petition that I make

She is at first distressed but quickly realizes that she is not alone. Her Lord and savior is with her, He has covered her, lit her path and has promised her safety in her storm.

HOME

I did not know Jonathan (and sorely regret it) but in all of the pictures floating around there is one thing that seems ever present about him and that is his wonderful smile.

In my little mind wanderings I imagine him smiling big as he gets to his destination. And then sets about making the place warm and comfy for Sarah’s return.

Heaven is a permanent residence …
a place where we unpack our bags
and stay forever. … What a glorious
 thought to wake up in Heaven and realize
it is home! ----C.L. Allen

Sarah I do not know you well but you seem to be an amazingly strong woman of God! My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

I know how disorienting it can be too lose physical sight of those we love dearly, but we know that we do not cry because we are in distress about never seeing our best friends, partners, beloved, again but because we don’t like the separation.

I want to spend my days



In Your presence, Lord



Bowed before Your throne



In the house of God



Is where I find my peace



It's where I find my Home

May you rest in the knowledge that Jonathan is in a place where he will never again know sorrow or pain and where he is …..Home

The Lord Jesus said in John 14:2-3,
"I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

Please join me in praying for Sarah and the Glyer family!

1 comment:

Daisycor3 said...

Lisa, this is beautiful. Thank you for your "mind wanderings" :)

-Sarah