Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gluttony

So as much as I love the wiifit I realized that it was just not working out for me. I am “all or nothing” sort of person and I needed something that was gonna kick my butt.



I remember that back about two years ago I had bought “The Firm” It promised results in ten workouts. Back then I thought it was tough and that it why I had only used it a few times before putting it away.


That right there was my problem. That is the main reason why I am here. My not wanting to do the hard things. The bible says the flesh is weak and I admit when it comes to my “flesh” I have been a weak willed whinny apathetic Christian.


I have not thought of my body as a temple. No I have thought of it more as my own person garbage dump. I really didn’t care what I was doing to it.


You know it is amazing but the sin that you never hear most preachers mention is the sin of gluttony. What an ugly word that is. It is something I did not want to face until I heard a pastor speak on it. He said that many pastors who will scream and shout about sins like adultery, and gossiping will never mention gluttony. He said they will never do it because they themselves are guilty of it and it shows.


That statement really drove home for me that I really had a problem. His next statement caused me to really think. He said it is a sin because we are destroying our bodies. That God wants us on top of our game so that we will live long lives. He said that there have been many great preachers who died young due to just this sin.


I am not saying that every person is overweight due to gluttony. No I know there are various reasons. But it I personally want to do everything that I have been called to do by God (and be around for my kids) I need to do everything I can to keep the body God gave me in the best shape possible.


So I made a choice to put healthy things in and have picked up my copy of “They Firm” dusted it off and am working hard. I am three exercises in. I am excited to see if it is really true that you get visible results in 10 workouts.

No comments: